Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My favorite pots & pans



People often ask what kitchen equipment I like.  I can be picky when it comes to particular items.  Pots and pans are important.

I have use for three brands of cookware, one inexpensive and the other two not so much.  For steaming, poaching and boiling I am perfectly comfortable the cooper bottom pans of Revere.  These were the staple of my childhood and I see no reason to exchange these pans for anything else. Using a much more expensive brand for these cooking methods is overkill for my purposes.

Now, if you want to make sauces or curds or sear and roast meats you need something quite different.  If only I could give it more stars, All-Clad is my brand of choice for these activities.  Most of my pots and pans come from the All-Clad stainless or LTD lines and I won't use a different brand frying pan.

If you want to make stews, cassoulets, and braised items, I am a big fan of Le Creuset.  If you can tolerate their weight, they make excellent pots for these cooking methods AND they come in fun colors!  All of these brands, used properly and for the proper cooking method, will last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment